Yeah, yeah; I’m a day late but they say better late than never for a reason, right?
I wanted to do two things with this post: First, I wanted to find out what you have planned for 2010. Second, I wanted to make a quick note of what I plan to do, writing wise, this year.
- Finish Buzzards. March 1st is the deadline.
- Blog about a book I read and a movie I watched. This has a weekly deadline.
- Blog about the progress on my WIP each week. Or more often if I hit a block, have a breakthrough, or just need to vent.
- Write a short story under 5,000 words based on one of the ideas in my writing journal. Chances are it’ll be “Garbage Day” because, as of right now, it’s the one I’m most excited to start next. There’s a close runner-up so this could change depending on who my muse likes more when I sit down to write. I plan to start on January 8th and finish no later than January 30th.
- Revise and submit one of my short stories; preferably “Garbage Day” to a zombie anthology. March 31st is the deadline.
- Finish Wolf. August 1st is the deadline.
- Revise and submit Buzzards. I’ll work on #6 and #7 at the same time per a suggestion I read this week; hence, August 1st is the deadline. However, I really want to have it revised by April 30th.
- Start Heartless. August 23rd (or before) is the deadline.
- Revise and submit Wolf. I’ll work on #8, #9 and #10 at the same time so December 31st is the deadline.
- Finish Heartless. December 31st is the deadline.
Are these goals too ambitious? …continue reading